• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WYSIWYG Broke After Upgrade

G

gdeakyne

I updated from 8.2 to 8.3 and now the WYSIWYG throws IE errors and is unusable. I've tried multiple files to edit, multiple domains, multiple Plesk servers. All of my plesk servers are CentOS 4 x86_64 that are VPSs on Virtuozzo. Anyone else try the WYSIWYG editor in IE7 and see any issues. I see this across 8 Plesk Servers.

have you contacted plesk directly??

this seems a bit odd to happen to 8 machines at the same time.....

I have IE7 and plesk 8.3 and have no problems on the WYSIWYG - perhaps you can give us reproduction steps? Admitedly I didnt try too much in the editor, just opened it, made a couple of edits and saved, had no problems to report with that.

I have a support ticket opened and they just informed me that it's a bug and that when the developers return on the 7th, it will be a high priority. They said that it was reproducible on both virtuozzo servers (which I use) and stand-alone servers.
I tried both centos 4 (i386 & x86_64) and fedora 6 (i386 & x86_64). I tried using the templated install of plesk that you install via virtuozzo and the auto_installer. All combinations had the same error. You go to edit a file in the WYSIWYG and it throws a javascript error in IE7 and just shows a blank page and you can't click any of the buttons on the toolbar.
I finally just setup new servers with 8.2.1 and migrated the domains over. I think I will wait a few weeks to see if there's another patch since there seems to be a large number of issues that others are having.
One interesting thing about the WYSIWYG is that it's developed by solmetra and the version within Plesk is v1.0. If you go to solmetra's site, there's already a 2.0, check it out

I wonder why they don't use a newer version within plesk, maybe one that works in other browsers besides IE. We use the Professional Website Editor by Plesk, but you have to login with the ftp credentials to access the WYSIWYG and that's annoying that you have to login twice to get into the editor.

Gentlemen,
As a workaround you can just remove first line ( <? ?>) from /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/spaw/class/script.js.php file.
The fix will be released with nearest Plesk update.

I can confirm the work around posted by 'dash' does work. Thanks dash!

I had customers having issues with IE6 as well as 7. It loads in IE6 but you could not type anything, some other customers could type but the tool bar at the top went AWOL.

SPAW 2 would be nice if anyone at swsoft is listening.

p.s ... is it just me or does SPAW 2 sound like some cheap B grade hollywood movie?

I agree that a spaw upgrade would be a nice inclusion on the next release. I haev a customer that has an embedded flash video on their home page and whenever they update that page, it messes up the html code. Here's a post on spaw's forum referencing a spaw update that fixes this issue, http://forums.solmetra.com/viewtopic.php?t=1524

Has anyone tried to manually upgrade spaw?

I agree - 1.04 which is distributed with Plesk is too old
The lates stable version is 2.0.6 and Plesk 8.4 will include it.

Back