• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WYSIWYG Editor and filetypes

X

Xtreme-IT

Does anyone know how to add filetypes which can be edited in WYSIWYG mode? All the config files are scrambled, but I know from a basic install it is possible.

I want to edit php files with the WYSIWYG editor.

There are many WYSIWYG editors, which one are you referring to?

The one standard used in Plesk. I think it is SPAW.

I don't think it is the editor which needs changing, the FileManager page needs to show a WYSIWYG icon not only behind a html/htm file, but also behind a php/php3 file. This means filemanager.php needs to be edited...
The editor itself will parse the php file like it's html, so that won't be a problem, at least with HTMLAreaXTD3 this works.

I have Plesk 7.5.2 on RH9, and I just tested opening a .php file in the Plesk CP File manager. It was able to open the file for editing without any problems. Encoding comes up showing as UTF-8. I have english u.s. as my base language.

My server is a fresh RH9 install, fresh Plesk 7.5.2 install, no mods, latest updates using ART's yum. So out of the box it is working with .php files.

Edit: Sorry, I just re-read your original post. You want it to open the file in WYSIWYG mode, not text mode..... my bad for not re-reading it sooner.

Back