1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

WYSIWYG Editor and filetypes

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Xtreme-IT, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Xtreme-IT

Xtreme-IT Guest

Does anyone know how to add filetypes which can be edited in WYSIWYG mode? All the config files are scrambled, but I know from a basic install it is possible.

I want to edit php files with the WYSIWYG editor.

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

There are many WYSIWYG editors, which one are you referring to?

3. Xtreme-IT

Xtreme-IT Guest

The one standard used in Plesk. I think it is SPAW.

I don't think it is the editor which needs changing, the FileManager page needs to show a WYSIWYG icon not only behind a html/htm file, but also behind a php/php3 file. This means filemanager.php needs to be edited...
    The editor itself will parse the php file like it's html, so that won't be a problem, at least with HTMLAreaXTD3 this works.

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

I have Plesk 7.5.2 on RH9, and I just tested opening a .php file in the Plesk CP File manager. It was able to open the file for editing without any problems. Encoding comes up showing as UTF-8. I have english u.s. as my base language.

My server is a fresh RH9 install, fresh Plesk 7.5.2 install, no mods, latest updates using ART's yum. So out of the box it is working with .php files.

Edit: Sorry, I just re-read your original post. You want it to open the file in WYSIWYG mode, not text mode..... my bad for not re-reading it sooner.