• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

X Copy Configration

A

askar

Dont have idea how X Copy works and configure. We offering to our celints only site builder without FTP etc. Menase user will have only website builder account at all to manage their site.

Can any one tell me is it posible? if yes how to do this? using X copy or some thing else?

Thanks,
Raza

XCopy - is one of the available publication methods. It is similar to FTP.
As I understand you wish to offer Sitebuilder for users where they can have only login to Sitebuilder panel but don't have access to publishing settings. If you wish to do that you need to set following values in web.config file (C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web\web.config):

in <appSettings file="appSettings.config"> section:
<add key="PublishSettingsVisibleForSiteOwner" value="false"/>
<add key="AllowManagingPublishingSettings" value="false"/>

Thanks for your reply. I did that but as admin I am also not allow to set the user publishing things as from administrator account its also went.

What is my main concern that user will have only website builder account and login into it and simply do all they want i.e publishing etc but dont need to put FTP etc.

Publishing setting we have to make for each accoutn wehen we made their new account in website builder and also user not allow to add webstie and delete as we have to do this from our side at all.

Is it posible? if yes how?

Raza

As a workaround for this situation you can restrict access to publishing settings in SiteBuilder interface and configure publishing settings with help of SiteBuilder API. Documentation is located here: ftp://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBuil..._US/sitebulder-3.2-win-sdk-integration-guide/
and SDK for latest SiteBuilder version located here: ftp://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBuilder/Windows/3.2/
You can also get access to these staff here on our special site: http://swdn.swsoft.com/
By the way, as I know through API you can do what you need - forbid users to access publication settings but leave such an ability for 'admin' user. In version 4 such feature will be added into interface where you can set if customer can change publication settings or not.

Originally posted by Dmitry Frantsev
By the way, as I know through API you can do what you need - forbid users to access publication settings but leave such an ability for 'admin' user. In version 4 such feature will be added into interface where you can set if customer can change publication settings or not.

Please check SiteWebService.asmx web service from API for these purposes in current version.

I got another issue. Every things working fine but when tyring to upload it using FTP then its not able to upload it. As I am behind NAC and I am sure there causing this issue. Can you please tell me how to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Ali

Back