• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

x86_64 Packages

D

DavidCollom

Hey,
Im looking for someone who could point me in the right direction for fedora core 4 X86_64 packages, i know of the atomic repo but they are all i386 however im running the 64bit version from 1and1 and was wanting to know if anyone knew of a place to get the most up-to-date x86_64 rpm's

by up-to-date i ment MySQL5 and PHp 5.1 Packages mainly.

You might want to move to FC5 if you need PHP 5.1 and MySQL 5. Plesk supports FC5 as of version 8.1.0.

Theirs no option for FC5 on my ISP's re-image feature, the only 64bit OS's are Debian 3.1(w/o plesk), Suse9.3(w/ plesk),

so far the compiling is going ok.. however the last time i attempted it took forever to compile.
I'll try and see what this results in obviously making backups on the way.

but if someone could point me in the direction of upgrading ot FC5 or rpms allready made i would be happy :)

ok a quick google (upgrade FC4 to FC5) brought some nice results, however im a bit reluctent to try these out.

has anyone else tried this and what is the likly hood of success?

I dont fancy doing a third re-image of the server in 2 days.

Upgrading Fedora using yum has worked fine on my workstations, but I wouldn't do this to a live Plesk server. If you're busy reimaging you might as well do one more to move to FC5, if you *really* need MySQL 5 and PHP 5.1 somehow.

Hmm yea i can see your point there, better small down time than making clients have constant downtime every now again..

I have projects at university and clients wishing to use MySQL5 and PHP 5.1+.

I think ill re-image the server when i get back from work later on tonight. for now i think i need to fix the backup errors.

Back