1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

yum update trashes plesk 9.2.2

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by deltatech, Oct 14, 2009.

1. deltatech

deltatech Basic Pleskian

73%
    I am attempting to install plesk on a new server with a fresh install of CentOS5.3

Then I run yum update before installing plesk and it complains about glibc.

So.... I started over and installed the OS, then plesk without the yum update and everything went fine. That is until I ran yum update.

I have done this about 20 times this week using the ART repos and still have the same issues.

Can anyone tell me what excludes I should have in yum.conf to prevent these conflicts? I have already excluded bind.

2. Andrey Kucherov

Andrey Kucherov Guest

Hello,

Glibc is a system library so if you have some errors when you are trying to update it then the error may be connected with repository inconsistency. Have you tryied to use just standard CentOS repositories:

http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/

3. Yulia Kostina

Yulia Kostina Guest

Hello
    Please check this article regarding the question:
    http://kb.odin.com/en/234
    It is recommended to exclude:
    kernel* sendmail bind-chroot caching-nameserver
    Also, we recommend to install Plesk first then run OS upgrade.

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Can you show the exact error? if its glibc the above excludes wouldn't have any effect