• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Zend Optimizer 2.6.2 on Plesk 8.2

C

corman420

I am purchasing a billing/support system in PHP which required Zend Optimizer.

I downloaded the the 2.6.2 package becuase that's what I needed for my PHP version.

I followed the instructions, and accepted all defaults during installation. Everything went fine. Then my site wouldn't load. I'm guessing the httpd service wasn't loading properly due to the Zend installation. I let it sit for about 30 mins thinking maybe it was doing something.

THen I started getting messages in SSH like this:

Message from syslogd@server at Wed Oct 17 15:38:01 2007 ...
server kernel: CPU0: Temperature above threshold

Message from syslogd@server at Wed Oct 17 15:38:01 2007 ...
server kernel: CPU0: Running in modulated clock mode

I copied my backed PHP.ini file to my /etc direction, restarted httpd, and everything is fine now.

My question is, what did I do wrong? During the Zend installation the paths seemed to be correct...

Has anyone else installed Zend Optimizer sucessfully on Plesk 8.2 & CentOS?

I used the Zend Optmizer Linux x86-i386 tar file.

Thanks for any help in advance.

sounds like multiple problems, first being youve got some bad cooling. The load is going up which is increasing heat on the system. The kernel is smart enough to throttle the CPU to lower the temperature. That shouldnt happen if youve got good cooling on the system. I'll regularly run systems with load over 100 for days on end.

Ive got zend rpms in my archive if you want to try that out. Could just be an install problem.

Thanks for the reply. I contacted my dedicated server provider. I have an unmanaged system but I'm sure they will help me out.

I;ve installed Zend on Cpanel systems before with no issues. The default install paths were always fine.

I never received any errors during installation either.

The only thing I can figure out is I must have someone turned on somehwre that is screwing it up.

I checked my php.ini location and it was in the zend/etc directory and etc/php.ini was pointing to it. So that was fine.

Im not a noob, but Im new to rpms. Im guessing its like a self-extracting package for particular installments?

I'm going to go do somemore homework to see if I can figure this out.

Im trying to get the WHOIS.CART php software for my hosting company. But.. Zend.... Grrrr... lol

FOUND THE SOLUTION!

IONCube loader and Zend have issues working together.

Here are the steps to get Zend Optimizer 2.6.2 installed on a Linux Plesk 8.2 server.

A full tutorial on how to obtain, download, extract, and install Zend is here: http://www.webhostgear.com/184.html

After you have Zend sucessfulyl installed you will need to edit the following file:

/etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini
Comment out the only line with a #.

Example: #extension = ..............

Next navaigate and alter the following file:

/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
Add the following line (without the quote):
"zend_extension = /usr/lib/php4/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so"
---or-----
"zend_extension=/usr/lib/php4/php_ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so"

Depending on the filename of your ioncube loader.

Now save and restart the service using "service httpd restart".

You should be good-to-go!!!

for plesk 8.2.1 FC6

thanks corman420. heres a slight edit that i had to do

/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
Add the following line (without the quote):
"zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/modules/php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so

I guess you should edit the ion_cube filename with your version number.

Zend Errors

If I use the settings specified above Zend doesn't load properly. I keep getting this output:
Code:
?????????????????????????????????????????????????

If I leave the default settings after using ./install this is the error I get when reloading the webserver and none of my pages load:

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/apache2 failed to restart

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:156
psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/apache2 failed to restart')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:28

Is anyone else getting this error? How can I fix this?

I never got that error before. I assume this is Plesk 8.2?

I have to install Zend. Quick question, though We are running Plesk 8.2. Where is the the PHP.INI file that Plesk uses?

I installed Zend and it written itself to a PHP file if I remember in usr/local/Zend/etc. I edited the file(s) and restarted the apache but when I do a phpinfo() it still shows Zend as not being loaded.

Im suspecting I am in the wrong php.ini file. Anyone know where exactly is the php.ini that Plesk loads? I looked in /etc

but there are only like 4-6 lines int that /etc/php.ini file?

Thanks in advance for any help

TJ

Atomic turtle

Can you send me the RPM?

My email is [email protected]

Quick question. After Plesk installed itself it changed my
/etc/php.ini to this:

memory_limit = "32M"
include_path = "\".:\""
short_open_tag = "On"
file_uploads = "On"
safe_mode = "On"

safe_mode = Off

[root@hosting7 etc]#

Thanks Corman420! You also helped me out:) My zend was not working with an upgrade to 8.2 but now I got it back...after three days of trying and trying.

How to upload zend into server

Hello,
My problem is as follows:
Cannot upload
ZendOptimizer-3.3.0a-linux-glibc21-i386.tar into Plesk 8.2 (module section).
In this section there is a note - i should upload only RPM

My actions- I simply changed .tar into .rpm in the file. Is it right??? Or should I find the original file ZendOptimizer.rpm?
Next-
Tried to uploaded ZendOptimizer-3.3.0a-linux-glibc21-i386.rpm files into the modules section.

But upload was impossible due to: - Error: The uploaded file is not a supported module package.
How to upload ZendOptimizer into server Plesk 8.2 module?
or How to upload ZendOptimizer using SSH. I mean all commands, that is -
1.login into root - ok
2. login into su - ok
3. what else. What is the next command and ex. of full path from my PC into server.
Thank you.

Hi,

zend optimizer and ioncube have no problems working togheter.
The only problem they have that can pose problems are the order they are included. This is an old problem and can be found in many-many forums.

If I remember correctly ioncube comes included first , then the zend opt.

Back