1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

zone template plesk 9.2.1 with server behind hardware firewall(using NAT)

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by deepa, Sep 19, 2009.

1. deepa

deepa Basic Pleskian

The server is behind firewall( using NAT)
    I am trying to set dns zone template with external IP on this server dns settings
    Since by default its picking the internal Ip for A type resource records for newly created domains.

As per documentation I have removed all 'A' type records and added new records with IP address as external Ip.

However even after changing dns zone template ,for the newly created domains dns settings still are showing the internal IP.

2. derTobias

derTobias Guest

I have the same Issue. Fresh Installation plesk 9.2.1 with Bind Nameserver. Changed the <ip> Parameter in the template to a IP Address. Plesk ignores this setting on new domain creation.

3. JDugger

JDugger New Pleskian

Same problem creating domains, running SimpleDNS

My Zone Template Settings use the external IP address but that IP is ignored upon domain creation and the internal NAT'd IP address is used by PLESK instead when creating records.