• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Backup/Remove/Restore

D

DouglasT

Hi,

I have an upgrade error, which basically translates to "Your MySql is a newer version than we are trying to install". This has puzzled me for months and I have tried on and off to fix it with no luck.

The server was setup with plesk only, with packages installed by plesk, and no manual updates or installs of anything else.

So somehow Plesk has managed to install a newer version of MySql than it supports. The version that is there is 5.0

3 ways to proceed that I can think of:
1)Remove the mysql database from the machine and let plesk reinstall for itself
2)Backup domains, dns and dns config from SimpleDNS, format machine and start from scratch.
3)Ask someone else for advice on other options.

So what do you all think?

No one thinks anything?

To fix this I tried to uninstall MYSQL and Plesk and re-install which didn't work with same error, I had to actually start with an empty server, reinstall everything, then transfer my domains across (which wasn't as easy as plesk would have you believe).

Back