• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Locate and remove old SSL cert

Paul Larson

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.60
A PCI scan is revealing a few issues I need to mitigate on a server. The IP of my server serves an SSL certificate for a hostname I recognize as a prior domain I used, but I need to:

a) secure Plesk with a valid SSL cert when browsing to an IP
b) remove the old cert

When I browse to my Plesk server by its domain name, the SSL cert is current, valid, and what I expect.

I just don't know how Plesk decides which SSL cert to serve when browsing to the IP. It's clearly not one I know how to set (or un-set)

A PCI scan is revealing a few issues I need to mitigate on a server. The IP of my server serves an SSL certificate for a hostname I recognize as a prior domain I used, but I need to:

a) secure Plesk with a valid SSL cert when browsing to an IP
b) remove the old cert

When I browse to my Plesk server by its domain name, the SSL cert is current, valid, and what I expect.

I just don't know how Plesk decides which SSL cert to serve when browsing to the IP. It's clearly not one I know how to set (or un-set)
This has been covered in many previous posts in this forum (run some detailed searches). Meantime, although the titles of these two Plesk pages don't exactly match your post's description (plus they were posted some time ago) everything that you'll need, to achieve what you've posted, is contained within them.

@Paul Larson Ignore that previous post.
The forum's crazy 4 mins time limit was applied, as it was being edited, after which, it can't be edited or removed :rolleyes:

The intended correct answer was this:

Without a huge amount of work, you can't provide an SSL Certificate for an IP Address, so just forget that.
This topic has been covered in many previous posts on this forum (run some detailed searches to find them).

Meantime, everything else that you'll need, to achieve what you've posted, but for an SSL Cert for the domain you're hosting Plesk on, is covered here:

Back