• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Redirect control panel URL to another

sagelike

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Cloudlinux 8.90
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi there,

I am merging to servers and I would like to redirect the control panel of 1 server to the merged new server.

How can I do that?

Thanks
G

I am merging to servers and I would like to redirect the control panel of 1 server to the merged new server.
Just to be sure if I understand your objective correctly, you do mean that any visitor/user who try to access Plesk on the URL of your previous server gets redirected to the URL of Plesk on your new server?

If that's the case, and you've used a (sub) domain you own as the servers hostname, you could add that (sub) domain as a domain to your current server. Create a .htaccess file to redirect visitors from that domain to the host name your new server. After which you'll need to point the corresponding DNS records of domain to your new server.

(And perhaps configure a new hostname on your old server if you still need Plesk access to that server. Which can also be done via the IP off course).

Back