• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Valerij

New Pleskian
Hi everyone :), I'm really going crazy to configure DNS using Plesk (Centos 6.8) + 1and1:

Step 1) I created web spaces in Plesk and created also DNS zones (for each website).
Step 2) I created an A record (for each domain) in the 1and1 admin panel to point to the VPS IP (WORKS)
Step 3) I created an MX record (for each domain) in the 1and1 admin panel to manage email accounts with postfix (WORKS)

I have an issue with NameServers configuration:
a) If I use 1and1 NameServers website is on-line, postfix goes well but SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records can not be found.
b) Reminder: 1and1 allow to use a customized NameServer + a default 1and1 NameServer...furthermore...1and1 does not allow to use 2 different NamerServers with same IP so...
...when I use ns.mydomain.com (default DNS record in Plesk) + 1and1 default NameServer I have ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED (http, ftp, email...nothing works)

What I have done:
- Plesk DNS configuration is:
- - domain.com (NS) ns.domain.com
- - ns.domain.com (A) IP
- DNS port 53 is open and not locked by firewall
- DNS icon in Plesk is green (ON) and set to Master DNS Zone
- SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records are correctly configured in Plesk
- I updated all Plesk components to the latest version
- Plesk services reboot done
- Named (Bind) service is started in Virtuozzo

Questions are:
- What's my faults?:(
- To use SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records I really need to use my NameServers? :(
- How to configure Plesk ? :(

Back