• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied for PUT and PATCH Request

AV0408

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Microsoft Windows Server 2019
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.55 Update #2
Hi, I recently deployed .Net Core Web API on Plesk and once I try to use PATH and PUT methods I'm getting 403 Error.

1705627436341.png

But the POST and GET are working
1705627490107.png
1705627515782.png

I got the similar issue in my Nest JS API. PUT,PATCH,DELETE methods gives 403 - Forbidden error.
Solution :
Go to Plesk -> 'Tools & Settings' -> Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) -> Settings
- Rule set : Atomic Standard

This worked for me.
1711544307299.png

Switching the ruleset might not be necessary. For one case, another ruleset might work, but it may create false positives in other cases.

Instead, examine the error_log entry where the 403 error is logged. It will mention an [ID .......] field. This is the rule ID that triggered the 403 block. You could at it as an exception to the rule exceptions in the "Web Application Firewall" dialog page.

Okay, I have again enabled Rule set : OWASP . In my case, I have deactivated 'OWASP_CRS' Rule and everything is working as expected.
Thank you for the correct solution.

Back