• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Area Map Module

Z

zero@

What the heck is this thing good for? Apparently you have to be a Microsoft MapPoint licensee to use this service. Is anyone involved in this program? I would guess not. How much does it cost? Does anyone know?

It just seems frustrating. In my opinion, there are 3 map services that are free to include on your own website that I know of: Google, Yahoo and Mapquest. Why not include those? I guess we have to write our own modules for these.

Has anyone tried writing a module for SB3?

Area Map is useless at the moment.

Yeah, I agree. It is completely useless at the moment.

In SiteBuilder Verion 2, we have tried to embed the Google Map script inside the script editor. But due to the <div> layering problem, we could not get it to work.

Perhaps in Sitebuilder Version 3, they have fixed this problem in script editor. Can someone with Sitebuilder version 3 try to see if they could embed Google Map in the script editor?

Best regards,
Edward

Workaround

I finally sat down to solve the two of the bigger problems that I have with Sitebuilder - this map problem and including custom code apps. I came up with a workaround for both, but it's not very pretty.

The answer that I have for you is to use the "Script Module" and inside use some iframe code. For instance:

Code:
<iframe src="test.php" width="100%" height="600"></iframe>

Then you can include all of your code in test.php, or whatever page you iframe in.

This is also the only way I can figure out to include php code. It works rather well, especially because I can now have a series of includable scripts for my Sitebuilder clients. But I'm probablty different than most - my SB clients are a specific group in the same field with very specific concerns.

What I would PREFER to that is for SWSoft to give some documentation on the API. IS there anything out there? I haven't found anything, and the app code is all encrypted ... so no luck figuring it out on my own.

I would much rather create a module or two - heck, I'd even share all my modules with everyone else if I could figure out how to write my own!

Back