• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Bug with secondary DNS Server since Obsidian Version 18.0.54

Monviech

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have multiple Plesk Servers that all run:

Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.54
OS
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

And I use a few of them as secondary DNS Server.
Since Update to 18.0.54 when I add a new Domain and then change the DNS Zone to Secondary, and then add a Primary DNS Server IP, it fails and produces this error:

ERROR: TypeError: Plesk\Smb\Form\Final\DnsZone\Record\Data::__construct(): Argument #3 ($value) must be of type string, null given, called in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Smb/Form/Final/DnsZone/Record/Section/Master.php on line 45 (Data.php:8)

I have tested it on multiple servers and its reproducable on all of them. Is there any workaround?

Hi @Monviech, thank you for posting. Could you please fill in this form so that your question can be forwarded as a report to developers?

PRODUCT/VERSION, OS/ARCHITECTURE

OS version, architecture:
Product version (including MU):

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

[Please enumerate the steps to reproduce in proper formatting, e.g. 1: 2: 3:]

please be as precise as possible!

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Provide clear expectations!! what do you expect? answer for how-to? bug to be filed?

SUPPORT ACTIONS OF INVESTIGATION / RESOLVING

LOGS AND ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Hi @Monviech, thank you for posting. Could you please fill in this form so that your question can be forwarded as a report to developers?

OS version, architecture:
Product version (including MU):

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

[Please enumerate the steps to reproduce in proper formatting, e.g. 1: 2: 3:]

please be as precise as possible!

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

Provide clear expectations!! what do you expect? answer for how-to? bug to be filed?

OS version, architecture: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Product version (including MU): Plesk Obsidian v18.0.54_build1800230728.15

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

In "Websites & Domains" - "Hosting & DNS" - "DNS" of a Domain "example.com", when "Switch to Secondary" is activated, I'm unable to add IPv4 or IPv6 addresses of the primary nameserver.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1: Goto "Websites & Domains" and select "New Domain". Create a "Blank website".
2: Registered domain name: "example.com", Webspace: "Create a new webspace", IPv4 address: "123.123.123.124 (shared)", IPv6 address: "2002:7b7b:7b7b::2 (shared)" - Press "Add Domain"
3: Open "Websites & Domains" - Example.com - "Hosting & DNS" - "DNS" - Press "Switch to Secondary"
4: Press "Add Record" and add either an IPv4 or an IPv6 address (For example, 2002:7b7b:7b7b::1 or 123.123.123.123)

ACTUAL RESULT

The IPv4 and/or IPv6 address of the secondary nameserver is not added and there is an error.

EXPECTED RESULT

The IPv4 and/or IPv6 address of the secondary nameserver is added and then shown in the GUI afterwards.

Please file a bug.

I have reproduced this bug on 3 different plesk servers with the same Plesk Version v18.0.54 and on different OS (Ubuntu 22.04 and 20.04) on different hosts.

ERROR: TypeError: Plesk\Smb\Form\Final\DnsZone\Record\Data::__construct(): Argument #3 ($value) must be of type string, null given, called in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Smb/Form/Final/DnsZone/Record/Section/Master.php on line 45 (Data.php:8)

Thank you @Monviech. Now I got it. It is actually a known bug PPP-62143 that has already been fixed. The fix will become available soon in Update 18.0.54 #3.

I am getting the same error on a new install, I have tried Ubuntu and Almalinux, can not add master IP to slave.

The slave or secondary server option is (as far as I know) unique to Plesk and one of the main reasons I use it, I hope you get this issue resolved ASAP.

hello, when plesk release this update??, for my procedures i use this feature, and now when anyone register e new domain, i must setup all manually.

hello, the update has be distribuited, thk u very much,

Code:
plesk version
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54.3
     OS version: CentOS 7.9.2009 x86_64
     Build date: 2023/08/07 10:00
     Revision: 834e427a288420a9d89019e1b6344e0f6ae2a6de

Adding a primary DNS server for a domain no longer fails with the “TypeError: Plesk\Smb\Form\Final\DnsZone\Record\Data::__construct()” error. (PPPM-14091)

The update may be available for Centos7 as above but it is not yet available fror Centos8.

Plesk listupgrade
There are no available upgrades

plesk version
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54.2
OS version: AlmaLinux 8.8 x86_64
Build date: 2023/07/28 15:00
Revision: 7addc2cf386263ca7765584cff8c160141fcfd84

Back