• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Cannot start POP3D or IMAP Services

Rob Adams

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping you guys can point out where I am going wrong in trying to solve a problem.

Basically after restarting a Centos, Plesk12.0.18 server the POP and IMAP services will not start.

On the terminal running
service courier-pop3d restart
Stopping Courier POP3 server: [ OK ]
Starting Courier POP3 server: [ OK ]

Whilst it says the services are started Plesk does not back this up and the service is not contactable to access client mail accounts.

When I run

service courier-pop3d status
courierlogger dead but pid file exists

Running

ps aux | grep courierlogger
root 6921 0.0 0.0 4068 444 ? S 20:35 0:00 /usr/sbin/courierlogger -name=courier-authdaemon -pid=/var/run/courier-authdaemon.pid -lockfile=/var/lock/subsys/courier-authdaemon -start /usr/lib64/courier-authlib/authdaemond
root 7809 0.0 0.0 103308 832 pts/0 S+ 20:42 0:00 grep courier logger

I then renamed the lock file and pid file restarted the services. Still no luck.

Tried a full reboot, no luck.

Feel like I am missing something obvious. Any help much appreciated

Rob

Switched over to Dovecot, turned off TLS/SSL in a separate config and got the mail server running again. Mail delivery seriously slow but as that will be removed soon I am less concerned at this stage. Will update when I have more time

Hey Rob. Have you found a workaround ? I'm in similar situation since beginning of April. It was perfectly working until 1st or 2nd of April and it stopped suddently to work. Can't pinpoint what happened in between.

Back