• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant run site (500 Error Server internal error)

StopGamer

New Pleskian
Hello, Im just started to use Plesk, but get problem, rather stupid(I didnt find any precendents here) - any created site got 500 Internal error throught the web.

I already have domain so I redirected it to new IP(plesk installed on new server). I checked whois - IP and NS is correct:
Answer section:
my-site.com.ua. A IN 86400 149ms **.***.***.201 - its right IP
Ping by domain is OK

But site returns 500 error.
I checked logs - no records(only SSL warning, display_errors = on, log_errors = on).

I deleted site and created fresh Plesk-preinstalled(also tried applications and etc) - same effect.
Tried different domains(I have couple free) - all the same.
Tried all 3 variants of DNS mode(configured it with help of plesk help guide) - no effect.
Firewall is allow all, except forw and incom traffic(tried also switch they on - no effect).
PHP switched to Apachi mode - no effect.
Globally plesk and system preinstalled with help of Hetzner.
Preview also dont work.
Im in despair, can you help me or just tooltip where the problem may be(just dont say to read your guide please - Im reading it for 4 days)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Login to plesk, navigate to the respective domain's control panel, click hosting settings and change PHP to run as an Apache module rather than default FastCGI.

If that fails let me know as that could be something else ...

Changed as you say:
[Unchecked] SSI support
[Checked] PHP support (Run PHP as Apache module, PHP version 5.3.3)
[Unchecked] CGI support (tried checked also)
No effect

Yes, it is

Edited:
Just found that chrome returns ERR_CONNECTION_RESET(101 as I understand). And 500 error I get from whois-site check service.

Last edited:
Finally got into root.
I dont see php5 folder in etc - only php.d(no php.ini inside)
Found php.ini in etc folder, "line log_errors = on" is already there

Last edited:
I will try to get help from jolis as recomended, but I got nervous because I cant even understand where is the problem

I understand, just open a ticket and we will get the problem at hand resolved for you!

Great! Problem solved...

Main problem was that my server IP was not **.***.***.201 but 206.
But plesk had frame in front page:
System Overview
IP address: 88.198.192.201
Panel version: 11.5.30 Update #26 , last updated at
and default IP everywhere also 201

That blinded me...

In technical language, the IP address (**.***.***.201) (resolving the respective domain name) was not mapped to the VPS hosting the (respective domain name). Switching the IPs (in the DNS records for the respective domain name) to the actual / primary and well mapped IP to the VPS, resolved the domain problems.

Back