• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Configure nginix outside domain

cirodev

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
UBUNTU 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,
I've a web server with ubuntu 22 and Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition 18.0.60

I didn't find a way to configure nginx outside domain.

I need to configure subdomain that point to other service not apache.

Actually my domain, example.com, works fine on apache but i want redirect subdomain to other port.

Thanks

I am not entirely sure if I understand you questions correctly. However you can add Additional Nginx Directives to a subdomain via Domains > sub.example.com > Hosting & DNS > Apache & nginx Settings.

The subdomain is not defined under plesk beacuse it's not a web site and it's not deployed under apache. It's a different service.

I've created a subdomain to try your suggestion. In the section that you had described, I tried to put this

location / {
proxy_pass http://0.0.0.0:5000
proxy_set_header Host $host;
server_name example.domain.com;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
}

but plesk aware me these configuration is wrong for file vhost_nginx.co

You also need to disable the "Proxy mode" in the "Apache & nginx Settings" and I recommend to disable PHP for this subdomain as well.

I had to do a lot of action before obtain right result.

First I created a subdomain

Then I create a specific certificate for subdomain (wilde card let's encrypt dosen't work)

After that I disabled apache/domain type for subdomain

Finally I changed content of server.conf under plesk folder of ningx

Back