• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Cronjobs don´t work

SteffB

New Pleskian
I have migrated form 9.5 to 11.

My problem now is that the following script don´t work as cronjob entry

cd /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpsdocs/PATH/ && /usr/bin/php -q SCRIPTNAME.php

I do the CD before to run in this directory so relativ inclusion works.
It worked unter 9.5.

I did the following tests:

- Run script on consol as Admin > Works
- Run Script on consol with SU user that run the script under cron > Worked
- Check different SSH settings > No change
- Look at the /var/log/cron logs > No entrys
- Look at crontab -l > Only the ntp timesync job get listed

Any Idea where I could find some informations on the server it the scripts are running and if what the problem could be?

Very strange! Your command is correct and should work. I guess you're running this as root? (at least you tried and it was working).

I've made test ".php" file and i wrote there to append some text in file, and that was also working in shell, but firstly when i put that into cron, it was not working. Why? Because of timezone....maybe you have the same problem...

So on server, e.g. now is:
# date
Wed Jan 2 12:35:14 GMT 201

and in my country is "13:35" (which means i'm GTM +1). That also means if i setup cron to run at "12:36", my cron will run tomorrow (or how ever i specified it to run), i have to setup this to run in my timezone, so I've setuped later cron to run in my timezone "13:37" (my timezone) - leet time! and yes...it is working.

That could have bene a hint.. but the job runs every 5 minutes ;) So the timezone should not worry.

I have the suspicion that the crons that i did over the interface just dont run because of some reason. Thats why I asked if there is a way to test his.

Thanks for your reply

Can you please post output of (as root or for which user is this specified):
# crontab -l
(just to make sure)

There is way to test it and you did it :)

Thanks for helping. As wirtten I get only the ntp job.

- Look at crontab -l > Only the ntp timesync job get listed

47 23 * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate -b -s ptbtime1.ptb.de

Then this crontab is not run by root user. Oh well, do you have skype or something? Contact me, i can take a look on this if you want - my skype name is "mislav.orsolic" (Varazdin, HR) or email [email protected]

In addition you can run following:
for user in $(cut -f1 -d: /etc/passwd); do echo $user; crontab -u $user -l; done

- you will get list of all cronjobs/users on server and you will know for which user you've setuped this cron (in case you don't know), once you have users name, you can check his cronjobs by running
# crontab -u <NAME_OF_USER> -l
(crontab -l is by default only for root) - if nothing is displayed, there are no crons for this user

Last edited:
Would be nice but Its a company server. So I can not just let someone have a look :(
Is known how Plesk configures the crons: Perhaps i can have a look in the user folder?

I manage few company servers, no worries. I'm not EVIL dude, and i wouldn't even requested shell details to just connect there, only way i would do is through program Team Viewer.

I am a step further :)

If I change the user with SU user and do then a crontab -e
I get my cron. But it dont run.
For test i added now the cron line to root > crontab-e and it works.

Any Idea why the server don´t run the cronjobs of this user?

Back