• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Daily mails regarding Let's Encrypt, no certificate used

ReneRoth

New Pleskian
For quite some months now I've been getting mails with the title "Let`s Encrypt certificates for [real name of administrator] have been issued/renewed".

The following domains of [real name of administrator] (login admin) have been secured with Let`s Encrypt certificates:

* 'topleveldomain.com'
- webmail.topleveldomain.com

The following Let`s Encrypt certificates for [real name of administrator] (login admin) have been renewed:

<none>

I am getting one of these mails daily, but at completely random times. The mentioned domain is a redirect domain belonging to a website with a different master domain. It does not have any SSL certificates set up, but the master domain has a Lets Encrypt wildcard certificate which I manually (Cloudflare...) renew every few months.
How can I find out what is causing these mails to be generated? It's mildly annoying.
Thank you :)

Plesk Support provided me with a solution!

This domain is part of the webspace masterdomain.com, it has an option "Keep secured" enabled. When such an option is enabled Plesk automatically tries to issue a NEW certificate for all domains which are not currently secured. Please note, that this option does not affect certificate RENEW, meaning once you issued a certificate it will be automatically renewed even this option is disabled.

To manage this option in Plesk interface you need to switch to Service Provider view: on the bottom right choose Change View> Switch to Service Provider View. After that go to Subscriptions > masterdomain.com > Customize > Additional Services >SSl It - change here to "None".

This should stop automatic daily attempts to issue a certificate for a domain topleveldomain.com and webmail.topleveldomain.com

Back