• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Deleted FTP accounts still working

Xavier12

Regular Pleskian
Hey guys,

For some reason non-exisiting/delete FTP accounts still have access to the server. When I tried to delete the account, it gave an error stating that a process is using it, however, it was not being used at the time. From there, the ftp account was removed from the list, but for some reason it can still log in as if it exists.

Please advise, thnx.

I can't reproduce this problem on my test Plesk 12 server. I have removed ftp account without any errors and after that I was not able login with this deleted ftp account.
Could you please provide more details of this issue? Exact error message, logs, steps to reproduce, etc.

Hey guys,

For some reason non-exisiting/delete FTP accounts still have access to the server. When I tried to delete the account, it gave an error stating that a process is using it, however, it was not being used at the time. From there, the ftp account was removed from the list, but for some reason it can still log in as if it exists.

Please advise, thnx.

After deleting the respective user, can you also confirm if the user is deleted from the /etc/passwd?

Hi Xavier12,

for some reason the procedure to delete the account has not been finished. My thought is, that your browser cache has a standard configuration ( automatic cache size is set ) and such a configuration can be a problem on non-static sites - I would recommend to set the cache size to "0", to avoid such issues.

To finish your deletion procedure, please remove the user manually from the file "etc/passwd" and re-check again afterwards, if it is still possible to login over FTP afterwards.

Sorry for grabbing old Thread...
We have the same Issue with Plesk 12.5.30#44.
Ubuntu 14.3

Only one Customer have this Problem...

Hi Janko1000,

pls. read:

that your browser cache has a standard configuration ( automatic cache size is set ) and such a configuration can be a problem on non-static sites - I would recommend to set the cache size to "0", to avoid such issues.
To finish your deletion procedure, please remove the user manually from the file "etc/passwd" and re-check again afterwards, if it is still possible to login over FTP afterwards.

Back