• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DKIM DNS Record Not Displaying in Plesk Email Settings

flippintwit

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello everyone,

I am using a Plesk server that also functions as my mail server. For my domain's email settings, I have enabled the option "Use DKIM spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages." However, under the "External DNS Configuration" section, no DKIM DNS entry is displayed.
1714758894464.png

Could anyone advise on how I might resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Is the BIND DNS server component installed?
You can see is by going to Tools & Settings > Updates. Which opens a new tab, there click Add/Remove Components.
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-04 om 11.54.43.png

Also, when you connect to your server via SSH are there any key present for the domain in the /etc/domainkeys/ directory?

Thank you for your response.

I have confirmed that the BIND DNS server component is indeed installed on my Plesk server. I checked this through Tools & Settings > Updates, and then by clicking on Add/Remove Components, as suggested.

1714822168845.png

Additionally, I accessed my server via SSH and verified that there is a directory within /etc/domainkeys/ for this domain. It contains a file named 'default' which holds the private key.

Despite these settings, the DKIM DNS entry still does not appear in the External DNS Configuration section.

I have also manually added the DNS entry that Plesk automatically generated in the DNS settings—namely, default._domainkey—to my DNS provider. However, despite these settings, emails sent from my server do not have the DKIM signature in their headers. Consequently, I am receiving messages from recipients indicating "SPF pass DKIM fail."

Can you try to disable "Use DKIM spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages." and re-enable it? Does that solve the issue?

When I disable the function, I receive the following error message when re-enabling it: "Error: Failed to get DKIM public key: filemng: Failed to change directory to /etc/domainkeys/ds-pv.de: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied". Only after deleting the /etc/domainkeys folder for this domain via SSH can I re-enable the function.

Did deleting the /etc/domainkeys directory also solve your issue? Of does the issue still exists? If the issue still exists to setting the correct permission of directories with the chmod 755 /etc/domainkeys/* command.

By deleting the directory, I can only check the box again. However, the original problem still persists. I have executed the chmod command, and when I run ls -l /etc/domainkeys/domain, I receive the following message: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root popuser 1704 May 4 18:36 default. So, the permission was indeed changed correctly, but the fundamental issue still remains, and the mail header remains without DKIM.

Sorry to read that the issue still persists. I suggest contacting Plesk support for investigation of the issue on your server.

To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

I have now found a solution for myself.
I followed the steps in this guide and set up postfix with opendkim.
Now my emails pass SPF, DMARC, and DKIM.
But thank you very much for your help and your suggestions.:)

Back