• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does the DNS Zone Do Anything when Name Server is Somewhere Else?

danallen1

Basic Pleskian
We have a domain named hollyswritingclasses.com running at 192.96.159.143

We are getting a warning in the email log that says hollyswritingclasses.com does not resolve to address 192.96.159.143

Why does it say that? This must be part of why our mail gets grey listed

Last edited:
This must be part of why our mail gets grey listed
There are no SPF - entries, nor any DKIM - records, nor any DMARC - record for your domain "hollyswritingclasses.com" and the reverse check to your IP "192.96.159.143" points to "ip192-96-159-143.pbiaas.com". Please solve your issues and test them with for example: http://www.mail-tester.com/

Thank you for that response.

This is our dns zone in plesk. It seems to me that the records we need are here, but you are not seeing them.

upload_2015-11-8_11-51-49.png

upload_2015-11-8_11-52-38.png

Why does this say
This server acts as a primary nameserver for the DNS zone hollyswritingclasses.com

The name servers for this domain are somewhere else. These records need to be loaded there, is that right?

Hi danallen1,

Plesk CAN be used to create name - server entries, but Plesk is not able to guess, if you have to setup the name - server - entries on your domain - providers nameserver ( tigertech.net ), or if you are able to use your very own server to act as a "real" primary nameserver. Your domain - provider will answer your question, if it is possible to change the used name - servers to your own ones. If you would like to transfer your ( server ) settings automatically to your domain - providers nameserver(s), then you have to use for example provided "API interfaces" from your domain - provider. Please contact your domain provider for further informations about possible "API interfaces" and their possible usage.

Thank you for this explanation. I understand that various options you mentioned. I thought name servers are can be looked up for any domain was thinking plesk could use tht information to determine whether it is primary name server.

Back