• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Email sending failed on command line

FarazK

New Pleskian
On my Linux Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28 I am running following simple command from Linux command line to send email to my Gmail

echo "Testing email from command line" | mail -s "Test Mail" [email protected]

When I run above command the email does not go out and this I get following error in /var/log/maillog

Apr 10 16:23:53 vps0 postfix/smtp[5200]: EF6353B0: to=<[email protected]>, relay=alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.186.26]:25, delay=3.2, delays=0.04/0.04/2.4/0.74, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.186.26] said: 421-4.7.0 This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass 421-4.7.0 authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the 421-4.7.0 message has been blocked. Please visit 421-4.7.0 Prevent mail to Gmail users from being blocked or sent to spam - Gmail Help for more 421 4.7.0 information.

I tried to use sSMTP utility and configured authentication in /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf file which starts sending email from command line, but then Postfix gets corrupted and I loose the 'Mail' icon from 'Tools & Settings' and I have to reinstall Postfix.

If I were to configure any authentication information directly into Postfix configuration then it may clash with Plesk again...

How can I setup emails on Plesk Linux server to work properly so it can be sent from command line with authentication.

SPF is a DNS record.

DKIM is a DNS + Email header records. Unless you are sending email using SMTP, this record will not added to email header

Back