• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Fail2ban extension hangs

Paula1

New Pleskian
Hi there,
I just update to 12.0.18 Update #69

Suddenly Fail2ban extension hangs and uses a lot a ram when I try to see the banned ips.

I have the same symptoms explained in this article http://kb.odin.com/en/122407
I don't use any big jail. I use only proftp, sshd and recidive.
Although I'm pretty sure the solution that they provide does not applied to my situation, I tried it without any luck.

I tried the following as well:

-disabling all jails,
-restarting the server,
-uninstalling and reinstalling fail2ban (using add/remove components)

The problem persists even without any jail activated.

I will appreciate any help,
Thanks in advance.

I ran into the same problem. I have uninstalled Fail2Ban, excluded it from the EPEL repo and reinstalled Fail2Ban via the Plesk installer.

Everything is now working ok again :)

Thanks both of you for your help.
The problem is solved:

-uninstall fail2ban
-exclude fail2ban from EPEL repository
-reinstall fail2ban using plesk installer.

Just like Cris1 said it. (I appreciate Gbotica's helps as well)

Thanks!

Back