• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question High memory usage in Digital Ocean droplet

RaelB

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,
I have created a droplet at Digital Ocean with the plesk marketplace 1-click image (Version 18.0.52 OS Ubuntu 22.04). (1 GB ram)
So far I have done very little in the plesk control panel. Just setup the Digital Ocean DNS, and created a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate.
Also, the site is not in use at the moment (except when I log in to the control panel..)
In Digital Ocean, the graphs shows a high and constant memory usage of the droplet. 80% of 1GB. (See image)
(The disk usage is also constant at around 20%).
Is it normal for the memory usage to be so high? I would imagine it to be low when the droplet is not being used.

Thanks

Attachments

• droplet_memory_usage.png
    droplet_memory_usage.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 13
Linux does cache so the use being higher is normal, see: Help! Linux ate my RAM!
Over SSH you can check it better with free -m, there you can see what is under the column “available” instead of the “free”
But also 1 GB is not a lot of ram, so I would not expect too much of it :)

Back