• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

horde password change not working

RenatoB

New Pleskian
Hi
I have plesk 10.3 (windows version) installed and using horde as email server.

it happens that when customer tries to change password it always get

Horde webmail returns the error "500 Incorrect Password", when you change password for mail account.

it also looks like this problem was in previous plesk versions according to this:

http://kb.odin.com/en/8756

I tried to find a solution for the 10.3 version but I didn't find any.

Is this indeed the same problem? if yes, how can I solve it?

It is weird but customer is not using special character.

Thanks in advance.
Renato.

I made some tests, it looks like the same problem indeed, if password has numbers as well it will fail, but this is not a secure way.

How can I get a poppassd.exe fixed that accept other characters than letters for Plesk 10.3?

Last edited:
As far as I know this bug has been completely fixed since 10.1.0 version of Plesk.

Hi Igor, apparently this still remains. Originally it was installed the plesk 10.0 version and it was upgraded to 10.3 via autoupdate. (just as a reminder, I am using a windows installation)
How can I solve that? The poppassd.exe file version says it is 10.300.0.0 and this is really annoying users.

original message: "Failure in changing password on poppassd server: 500 Incorrect Password."

Here below you can see the steps in order to reproduce the issue. I already tried with two Plesk 10.3 installation.

1 - Create a email account: I jused username simple: ju
2 - Set the password like: ju12345
3 - Login in the webmail and try to change that password to: ju2424

and you can see the error.
I was wondering if is there a fix to this proble or even a workaround.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Could you please fill this template with all necessary details? I will forward it to developers for investigation.

Here we you are IgorG

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallels Plesk 10.3.1
Windows Web Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 64bit
Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite1296;product3
Processor Intel CORE I7 920

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

When a user login at horde webmail and tries to change its password it receives this error message
"Failure in changing password on poppassd server: 500 Incorrect Password."
in order to test it I have two installation and both are giving same behavior if you follow these steps

1 - Create a email account: I jused username simple: ju
2 - Set the password like: ju12345
3 - Login in the webmail and try to change that password to: ju2424
4 - you are going to see this message: "Failure in changing password on poppassd server: 500 Incorrect Password."

ACTUAL RESULT

Password never gets changed

EXPECTED RESULT

Password to be changed without error messages.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Both installation were upgraded with Parallels parallels_installer Tool with no error messages, and one of them made by Sergey
Originally they were running 10.0
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for report. I have forwarded it to developers. I will update thread with results as soon as I receive it.

If password contains username it causes '500 Incorrect Password'. So, it is not a bug. Password just does not match validation rules. It contains username in this case.

Thank you for the information Igor, it is very important to know that.
I would like to suggest a Warning message advising that and other restrictions on password validation rules.
That would make easier to users to identify their mistakes.

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Renato

Back