• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Install APC Cache on Plesk 12 with multiple PHP version

Floezen

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I am trying to install APC for PHP 5.6 on a CentOS 7 machine with Plesk 12.

My first try was:
Code:
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install apc

But I got a warning:

Code:
WARNING: php_bin /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin appears to have a suffix /5.6/bin, but config variable php_suffix does not match

Than I found this thread: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/multiple-php-versions-in-plesk-12-0-out-of-the-box.332638/page-2

and tried a
Code:
pecl config-set php_ini /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini
pecl config-set php_bin /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin
But this still didn't fix it, so I also added the suffix:

Code:
pear config-set php_suffix 5

But this seams to be nonsense, because now it is trying to run phpize5 which doesn't exist. And the warning is still there:

Code:
WARNING: php_bin /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin appears to have a suffix /5.6/bin, but config variable php_suffix does not match
running: phpize5

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanx
Flözen

btw: PHP 5.6 devel is installed

I don't think there would be any point in installing APC on PHP 5.6 as it already includes the Zend OPcache.

@Floezen,

You ask:
Any idea what I need to do?

The answer is:

a) use a (very) old version of PHP and install APC, a solution that is totally not adviceable (this results in various, serious problems: APC has many disadvantages), OR

b) completely uninstall APC, given the fact that OPCache is already set to be active by default.

In short, go for option B.

Kind regards....

Back