• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is really a good idea to put auto update on for plesk 12.5 update?

sebgonzes

Silver Pleskian
Hi

I have various VPS that have plesk 12.0.18, with automatically update option. It's ideal for microupdate, and have very few problem with this, but... It's really an good idea to have this option for an automatically update to plesk 12.5.30 when it be released?
I suppose that odin team will release it only when all bugs are solved, but I'am not sure that it will be working great in all case...
It don't know if really the better way was an manual update in this special case, what do you things about this?

Hi sebgonzes,

I can only speak for my team, colleagues and myself, who administrate servers for quite some time now: No! It is not a good idea to use auto-updates on production servers. In case of bugs/issues/problems, you are not able to react immediately to avoid/reduce possible downtimes, but if you do manual updates, you have the chance to react instantly. Another reason why we resist on using auto-updates is the fact that these updates/patches always seem to take place at times, before a shift, or working - day ends - you can imagine, how much fun it is to investigate the cause(s) of any bug/issue/problem and to search for solutions in such cases. But please... judge for yourself, if you really think that it is necessary to receive updates/patches instantly, when they are released, without controlling the process manually, then auto-updates may be a good solution for you,

Back