• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Issue setting composer 2

PeopleInside

Regular Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Issue setting composer 2

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.48

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I need use composer 2 in the server and so followed your official guide:
How to install/enable PHP Composer 2 on Plesk Server?

In my Panel.ini EditorI set:

[ext-composer]
composerVersion = '2'

But if I go in Plesk log browser, in the Tools and settings I see in the Plesk log tab:
The unknown version of composer specified in panel.ini. Please specify commandInfoPluginVersion value in panel.ini too

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

See PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

ACTUAL RESULT

Plesk log contains error about the suggested setting:

The unknown version of composer specified in panel.ini. Please specify commandInfoPluginVersion value in panel.ini too

EXPECTED RESULT

Never have an error log after follow the official guide to enable composer 2

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out and also confirm the bug or wrong info in the guide.
An error log should be not present or I suppose an error somewhere is present.

I was unable to reproduce the issue on an Ubuntu 20 test environment with the latest Plesk version. Please provide the exact steps how to reproduce the issue.

Hi @PeopleInside, could you please add which operating system you are on?
Hi Peter,
I hope you are well and happy new year!
Thanks for the reply, I'm in Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Steps:
What I know I have composer installed and looks is version 2 so seems the guide works, have correct info BUT today I discovered the error log in logs.
I only know I followed the guide and today discovered the error.
I don't know if a cron should run to have this error or what is generating this.

If I open a domain and go on composer then scan the UI give me the info that composer is not found but if I run the SSH command to know with composer version I'm using, works.

I try to add some screenshots:

1672686847070.png

1672686879747.png

1672687107805.png

1672686928508.png

Immagine 2023-01-02 202135.png

Maybe so is an issue in my installation?
No bugs.

In any case my composer seems to be updated just not recognized by Plesk.

Thanks anyway for the help and sorry if I posted here but I was secure of a BUG as I followed the guide and found an error log.

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-01-02 202135.png
    Immagine 2023-01-02 202135.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
I think the ticks around the '2' are wrong. They are typographic, but should be plain '. Could you please check that in the panel.ini file?

'2'

Done thanks, strange I don't know how the error can exist if I do copy and paste from the guide!

1672690714736.png

I will monitor maybe was that the issue strange that my composer looks be updated so seems something was working.
Thanks for the help and I received your last message reply email notification.
Never received for the previous message but it's ok, many thanks.

Back