• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Limit CPU usage per domain

Raynex

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,
Im using Plesk v12.0.18 with Ubuntu 14.04.
It is possible to somehow limit CPU usage for specifient domain/group domains.
I know that can be done on Windows, but Linux?
Regards

Hello everyone,
Im using Plesk v12.0.18 with Ubuntu 14.04.
It is possible to somehow limit CPU usage for specifient domain/group domains.
I know that can be done on Windows, but Linux?
Regards

On Linux this can be done via CloudLinux, but they are based on CentOS rather than Ubuntu
But your request is quite common, so that is definitely in our plan

Alternatively people may move such domains into separate virtual server and apply CPU limits on it.
Is there anything which blocks you from following this path?

And what would be the limit on a group of domains? Would it be domains of one customer? Or a kind of dedicated project?

@Sergey L , bumping this up, CloudLinux, if memory serves me right, isn't available for OpenVZ/Virtuozzo, so, maybe this feature can be introduced for CentOS and any/all other Linux distributions. We would use it by setting a percentage of the total CPU power each subscription can use in real time if under total load.

Not sure if that can be done in OpenVZ/Virtuozzo containers though.

@Sergey L , bumping this up, CloudLinux, if memory serves me right, isn't available for OpenVZ/Virtuozzo, so, maybe this feature can be introduced for CentOS and any/all other Linux distributions. We would use it by setting a percentage of the total CPU power each subscription can use in real time if under total load.

Not sure if that can be done in OpenVZ/Virtuozzo containers though.
Hi Konstantinos,
Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, CloudLinux wasn't available inside Vz Containers.
And we are working closely with Virtuozzo team to make sure this monitoring function will work there, but still subject to research

Regards

Back