• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Local mail

othmaqsa

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 Update #1
Hello,

Is it normal when i send a mail locally, i.e [email protected] to [email protected], the email is directly placed in spam folder ?

I'm asking this question because I have received a lot of email like the backup result, in the spam folder.

Thank you.

No, but if there are any configuration issues it might end up in the spam folder. Have a look at the email headers to see if there any information in there as to why the email ended up in the spam folder. Things to look out for are spam score and dmarc failures.

@Kaspar@Plesk , I have tried to send an email from the webmail from [email protected] to [email protected], the email arrive to inbox.

I have noticed that all the emails like Renew certificate, Backup Task status etc, arrive to junk.

Any idea please ?

@Kaspar@Plesk

I can read this : dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=NONE) smtp.from=xxxxxxxxxxx.com header.from=xxxxxxxxxxx.com;
dkim=temperror header.d=xxxxxxxxxxx.com when I receive the message like the result of the backup task.

But when I send an email from my server, all works good.

I can read this : dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=NONE) smtp.from=xxxxxxxxxxx.com header.from=xxxxxxxxxxx.com;
dkim=temperror header.d=xxxxxxxxxxx.com when I receive the message like the result of the backup task.
DMARC validation has failed because of an DKIM issue. The DMARC policy is set to QUARANTINE, which means that any email that fails DMARC validation will be delivered to the spam folder.

The recommend suggestion to solve this issue can be found here:

Another options would be to change the DMARC policy to None (less secure).

Back