• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved MailBox Quota show as unlimited vía CLI

Ohya

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi All

When I go to plesk -> domains -> mails accounts, I can see a list with emails account listed fine, With mail usage and mail quota, like 200MB used from 500 MB, so all as espected.

But when I see this information vía CLI to export all accounts mailbox quota return value is -1 ( unlimited )

I use this instructions to get list of mails vía cli: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...k-usage-via-a-command-line-interface-in-Plesk

So, plesk backend show all values fine but plesk database show all as -1

I run plesk repair mail without any changes.

But, I check psa.mail table and mbox_quota have correct values in bytes.

I run Plesk 18.0.46

So the querry appers to be incorrect in new plesk versions.

Ok I not know why but query provided take MailBox Limit from psa_limit

There is no limit for mbox, the limit is in mail.mbox_quota

I modify the query and works fine now:

plesk db "SELECT concat(mail.mail_name,'@',domains.name) AS 'Email address',mn_param.val AS 'Mailbox usage',mail.mbox_quota AS 'Mailbox limit' FROM mail LEFT JOIN mn_param ON mail.id=mn_param.mn_id LEFT JOIN domains ON mail.dom_id=domains.id LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON domains.id=Subscriptions.object_id LEFT JOIN SubscriptionProperties ON Subscriptions.id=SubscriptionProperties.subscription_id LEFT JOIN Limits ON SubscriptionProperties.value=Limits.id WHERE mn_param.param='box_usage' AND Subscriptions.object_type='domain' AND SubscriptionProperties.name='limitsId' AND Limits.limit_name='mbox_quota'"

Hi eveyone,

Has anyone discovered a good way to search for an email account with mailbox limit exceeded?

I have modified the SQL query but it doesn't work properly.

My code is the following:

SELECT concat(mail.mail_name,'@',domains.name)
AS 'Email address',mn_param.val AS 'Mailbox usage',Limits.value AS 'Mailbox limit'
FROM mail LEFT JOIN mn_param ON mail.id=mn_param.mn_id
LEFT JOIN domains ON mail.dom_id=domains.id
LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON domains.id=Subscriptions.object_id
LEFT JOIN SubscriptionProperties ON Subscriptions.id=SubscriptionProperties.subscription_id
LEFT JOIN Limits ON SubscriptionProperties.value=Limits.id
WHERE mn_param.param='box_usage'
AND Subscriptions.object_type='domain'
AND SubscriptionProperties.name='limitsId'
AND Limits.limit_name='mbox_quota'
AND 'box_usage' > 'mbox_quota';

There are accounts with the limit exceeded but it doesn't show me anything. In fact, the query itself is not precise and I don't know why.

It would be interesting also to search it by subscription.

I hope that someone can help with this. It should work for both Linux and Windows servers.

Hi eveyone,

Has anyone discovered a good way to search for an email account with mailbox limit exceeded?
Hi

I do some awk piped output for plesk db query, for me works fine

You can run it from cli:

plesk db "SELECT concat(mail.mail_name,'@',domains.name) AS 'Email address',mn_param.val AS 'Mailbox usage',mail.mbox_quota AS 'Mailbox limit' FROM mail LEFT JOIN mn_param ON mail.id=mn_param.mn_id LEFT JOIN domains ON mail.dom_id=domains.id LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON domains.id=Subscriptions.object_id LEFT JOIN SubscriptionProperties ON Subscriptions.id=SubscriptionProperties.subscription_id LEFT JOIN Limits ON SubscriptionProperties.value=Limits.id WHERE mn_param.param='box_usage' AND Subscriptions.object_type='domain' AND SubscriptionProperties.name='limitsId' AND Limits.limit_name='mbox_quota'" | awk '{if ($6 != -1 && $4 >= $6) {printf "%s: Quota Limit Exceded (%d >= %d)\n", $2, $4, $6}}'

The output will be

[email protected] Quota Limit Exceded (8648917934 >= 5368709120)

Hi

I do some awk piped output for plesk db query, for me works fine

You can run it from cli:

plesk db "SELECT concat(mail.mail_name,'@',domains.name) AS 'Email address',mn_param.val AS 'Mailbox usage',mail.mbox_quota AS 'Mailbox limit' FROM mail LEFT JOIN mn_param ON mail.id=mn_param.mn_id LEFT JOIN domains ON mail.dom_id=domains.id LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON domains.id=Subscriptions.object_id LEFT JOIN SubscriptionProperties ON Subscriptions.id=SubscriptionProperties.subscription_id LEFT JOIN Limits ON SubscriptionProperties.value=Limits.id WHERE mn_param.param='box_usage' AND Subscriptions.object_type='domain' AND SubscriptionProperties.name='limitsId' AND Limits.limit_name='mbox_quota'" | awk '{if ($6 != -1 && $4 >= $6) {printf "%s: Quota Limit Exceded (%d >= %d)\n", $2, $4, $6}}'

The output will be

[email protected] Quota Limit Exceded (8648917934 >= 5368709120)
Hi Ohya,

Thank you very much!!

It seems that it works fine, but unfortunately I don't have any server with email accounts with the limit exceeded right now.

I'll update with the result when I do an actual test.

Nevertheless, any manner to do it on Windows? I am a hosting technician who manages both Windows and Linux servers.

Hi Ohya,

Thank you very much!!

It seems that it works fine, but unfortunately I don't have any server with email accounts with the limit exceeded right now.

I'll update with the result when I do an actual test.

Nevertheless, any manner to do it on Windows? I am a hosting technician who manages both Windows and Linux servers.

Finally I modify the original query now you can see only accounts over quota, this will works in windows and linux

Code:
plesk db "SELECT CONCAT(mail.mail_name, '@', domains.name) AS 'Email address', mn_param.val AS 'Mailbox usage', mail.mbox_quota AS 'Mailbox limit' FROM mail LEFT JOIN mn_param ON mail.id = mn_param.mn_id LEFT JOIN domains ON mail.dom_id = domains.id LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON domains.id = Subscriptions.object_id LEFT JOIN SubscriptionProperties ON Subscriptions.id = SubscriptionProperties.subscription_id LEFT JOIN Limits ON SubscriptionProperties.value = Limits.id WHERE mn_param.param = 'box_usage' AND Subscriptions.object_type = 'domain' AND SubscriptionProperties.name = 'limitsId' AND Limits.limit_name = 'mbox_quota' AND mn_param.val >= mail.mbox_quota AND mail.mbox_quota <> -1;"

Finally I modify the original query now you can see only accounts over quota, this will works in windows and linux

Code:
plesk db "SELECT CONCAT(mail.mail_name, '@', domains.name) AS 'Email address', mn_param.val AS 'Mailbox usage', mail.mbox_quota AS 'Mailbox limit' FROM mail LEFT JOIN mn_param ON mail.id = mn_param.mn_id LEFT JOIN domains ON mail.dom_id = domains.id LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON domains.id = Subscriptions.object_id LEFT JOIN SubscriptionProperties ON Subscriptions.id = SubscriptionProperties.subscription_id LEFT JOIN Limits ON SubscriptionProperties.value = Limits.id WHERE mn_param.param = 'box_usage' AND Subscriptions.object_type = 'domain' AND SubscriptionProperties.name = 'limitsId' AND Limits.limit_name = 'mbox_quota' AND mn_param.val >= mail.mbox_quota AND mail.mbox_quota <> -1;"
Hi Ohya,

Thank you very much again!!

This is very kind from you.

I'll save that query for the future!

Greetings.

Back