• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Mailman list admin password reset

E

exothermic

How do I reset the admin password for specific lists on my server? I have one customer that forgot their admin password.

Thanks
exothermic

Change Password

Hi,

Use: /var/mailman/bin/change_pw

Do a #cat change_pw | more to read the usage syntax.

Other useful mailman utilities can be found in /var/mailman/bin

m.

While this method works very well, there should be a provision in the Plesk CP to do this. That way, a customer who has forgotten their password can recover or reset it themselves.

On my FC4 system this was found in /usr/lib/mailman/bin/. You can use rpm to find the location on your system:

rpm -ql mailman | grep change_pw

If you forget your list password for a mailman list in plesk, you can use the following:

Code:
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/change_pw --domain=domain.com --password=password

where domain.com is the domain containing the list and password is your new password.

This will reset the passwords for all lists belonging to a domain.

There is no way to change the password from the Plesk control panel.

Thanks for the solution, which I used earlier today. However, it is "all just a little bit ****" that there is no way to do this through the Plesk Panel.

Back