• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue No CIFS mount because the user is changed.

enerspace

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

i would like to integrate an external backup space with mount in Plesk. I have already tried several ways.

- CIFS
- curlftpfs
- sshfs

All have the same problem that Plesk can not change the user at certain processes, and the process will terminate. For example, if the folder /var/lib/psa/dumps was integrated via CIFS, there is an error with the command: plesk repair all and other processes that want to change the user.

It can then not backup the MySQL database and skips the process.

Do you have an idea how I can implement this? I would like to go this way, because the recovery in the subscribers simply goes.

My fstab config:
Code:
curlftpfs#ftp://XXX:[email protected]/ /var/lib/psa/dumps fuse rw,allow_other,noauto,x-systemd.automount,user,uid=0,gid=0,umask=0022 0 0

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I found a solution with a loop mount with an image file. Its not the best solution. It would be better if there were no processes in the /dumps folder that would change the user or group.

EDIT: Change the title from Question to Issue

Last edited:
Why does not the Plesk panel use its own folder for the backup processes? This is clearly an error in the backup folder to change the user rights.

Back