• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue open_basedir configuration problem

Kurt Pfund

New Pleskian
Hello all,

I am attempting to use a configuration file which will be shared by more than one site on a server.
This works perfectly well if I set the open_basedir setting to none, but If I try to provide any restrictions at all, this fails.
I have set the configuration in Plesk to: {WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/};"C:\AssnConfigurationFiles\admin", but when I try to run anything that needs the configuration files I get these error messages:

Warning: require_once(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\AssnConfigurationFiles\admin\codebase.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:/Inetpub/vhosts/[MYWEBSITE]\;C:\Windows\Temp\;"C:\AssnConfigurationFiles\admin") in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\[MYWEBSITE]\httpdocs\config\codebase.php on line 2

Warning: require_once(C:\AssnConfigurationFiles\admin\codebase.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\[MYWEBSITE]\httpdocs\config\codebase.php on line 2

Line 2, in this instance = require_once("C:/AssnConfigurationFiles/admin/config.php");

We have tried setting permissions on the C:/AssnConfigurationFiles/ directory tree to allow any user read permission, just in case the error message did not mean what it said.

Adding a slash to the end of the open_basedir setting does not change the outcome.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Back