• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

operate mysqldump through plesk schedule task

Noturns

Regular Pleskian
I was fiddling around with mysqldump commands but i cant seem to get those working in Scheduled Tasks. Although i use the plesk internal backups i would like to setup an off-site backup also which copies the db-export to a SFTP location.

I used a Scheduled Task with ROOT permission

example:
Code:
mysqldump -u username -p password --all-databases > db-export.sql

results:
Code:
Task "mysqldump -u username -p secret --all-databases > db-export.sql" completed with error in 2 seconds, output:

Usage: mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables]
OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --databases [OPTIONS] DB1 [DB2 DB3...]
OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --all-databases [OPTIONS]
For more options, use mysqldump --help

I also tried a Scheduled Task with MYSQL permission instead of ROOT permission, which resulted in "Permission denied" - which i found a bit odd....

I can run the command without problem through terminal as root/sudo.
How come this does not work in plesk as root?

As a workaround i tried to create a bash-file and execute that bash-file through scheduled tasks, but got the same result.

I tried a forum search on mysqldump and sheduled task, but could not find a solution. I feel this is maybe a rookie question. I look forward in reading your replies.

Best regards,

I had also problems and IgorG command works but only when I put Notify to Every time. If it is on Errors only it doesn't work. Maybe bug in Plesk?

Back