• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Panel not working after initiating upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SujithM

New Pleskian
Hi

I am using Plesk for windows (10.4.4) and I gave an upgrade to 11.5. After a while, I lost my internet connection and thus was unable to trace the upgrade process. When I got my connection back, I tried to access the control panel, but it is showing an error message -

ERROR: Exception
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psapipe

0: constants.php3:62
get_admin_password()
1: constants.php3:62
require_once(string 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\constants.php3')
2: auth.php3:84

When I access the server using RDP, I see that Plesk icon in the system tray shows as stopped and the tool tip says "Parallels Panel - Stopped". Does this mean that the upgrade has failed? If yes, how can I continue with upgrade? If that is not possible, can I rollback to the old version - 10.4.4?

I am stuck now and really appreciate if someone can help me out of this at the earliest.

Thanks in advance

Sujith

Hi IgorG

Thanks for the quick response. I tried this link earlier... what I get as the ouput of "sc query PleskSQLServer" is as follows.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>sc query PleskSQLServer

SERVICE_NAME: PleskSQLServer
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
STATE : 4 RUNNING
(STOPPABLE, PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0

So, the database is running.. but I still get the same error.

Hi IgorG

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried this link earlier. Following is the output I get when I execute "sc query PleskSQLServer"

SERVICE_NAME: PleskSQLServer
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
STATE : 4 RUNNING
(STOPPABLE, PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0

In the KB, it says what to do if the STATE is "Stopped". But in my case it is "Running". What should I try next? Kindly advice.

Thanks & Regards

Sujith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back