• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

PHP modules magickwand and mnogosearch not loaded in PHP 7

Floezen

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

we are using magickwand and mnogosearch php modules for our site and it works fine with PHP 5.6.

Now I tried to install these modules for PHP 7, but they are not loaded...

How can I find out, why they are not loaded?
Is there a compatibility problem?

Here is what I did to install those modules:

1) Install PHP 7 devel
Code:
$ curl --output plesk-php70-devel-7.0.1-centos7.15122115.x86_64.rpm  http://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PHP_7.0.1/dist-rpm-CentOS-7-x86_64/extra/plesk-php70-devel-7.0.1-centos7.15122115.x86_64.rpm

$ rpm -Uvh plesk-php70-devel-7.0.1-centos7.15122115.x86_64.rpm

2.) Install MagickWand module
Code:
$ curl --output MagickWandForPHP-1.0.9-1.tar.gz http://www.magickwand.org/download/php/releases/MagickWandForPHP-1.0.9-1.tar.gz
$ gzip -d MagickWandForPHP-1.0.9-1.tar.gz
$ tar xvf MagickWandForPHP-1.0.9-1.tar
$ cd MagickWandForPHP-1.0.9/
$ /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/phpize
$ ./configure --with-php-config=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php-config
$ make
$ make install

3.) Install mnogosearch module
Code:
$ cd /home/mnogosearch/mnogosearch-3.3.15/php
$ /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/phpize
$ ./configure --with-mnogosearch=/usr/local/mnogosearch --with-php-config=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php-config
$ make
$ make install

Than I added the extensions to the php.ini via Plesk (Settings for 7.0.1 FPM application)

extension=magickwand.so
extension=mnogosearch.so

I also tried the full path: extension=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib64/php/modules/magickwand.so

Thanx for any help!
Flözen

Do you see these modules as loaded in output of phpinfo() at least?

OK, I found the error. I had run phpize, make and make install from the directory where I previously created the PHP 5.6 Version...

/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php --ini informed me that the Module and PHP APIs where not the same...
Module compiled with module API=20131226
PHP compiled with module API=20151012

Now I tried it again from a fresh download of magickwand.

Unfortunately "make" fails with following error:

In file included from /home/floezen/magickwand/MagickWandForPHP-1.0.9/magickwand.c:9:0:
/home/floezen/magickwand/MagickWandForPHP-1.0.9/magickwand_inc.h:19:40: fatal error: ext/standard/php_smart_str.h: No such file or directory
#include "ext/standard/php_smart_str.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [magickwand.lo] Fehler 1

php_smart_str.h only exists in
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/include/php/ext/standard/php_smart_str.h
/usr/include/php/ext/standard/php_smart_str.h

Does anyone know how to get this for PHP 7?

Thanks & regards
Flözen

Back