• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk API Subscription Response Timeout

Rob123

New Pleskian
I'm using the API to dynamically create new subscriptions. However, I frequently never receive a response back for my request.

I have enabled graceful restart, which has made an improvement, but my requests still fail to return a response every now and then.

This is problematic, because the script needs to know whether the subscription has been successfully created or not. Often times, when the script times out, the subscription was successfully created. But Once and and a while that's not true, and it is causing inconsistencies in my system.

Has anyone encountered something like this or have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Rob123,

the cause can be a small amount of memory on your server, or as well defined MySQL limits. Compare your my.cnf with the example configuration from my-huge.cnf and adjust your own my.cnf with them and if your system can keep up with the new settings. Tweaking your system configurations can also solve such issues ( response timeouts ), but depend on your very own system and its configuration and can't be generally answered.

Keep an eye on logfiles, so that you may get an information about the initial cause and report them here for further investigations and suggestions.

Back