• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Plesk Migrator

Staniel

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I have recently managed to get a better deal on a new dedicated server and I am trying to run the Plesk Migrator tool to get my sites over, I am planning on doing a big-bang migration and taken all the domains over in one go, as there are less than 50 of them. When running the pre-migration checks this evening I have encountered an issue in the fact that my /usr partition is only 95GB with ~88GB free but I have ~160GB of data to migrate across.

Is there a way that I can tell the Migrator Tool not to use /usr and use a directory on /var as this has just over 1TB of space available to be used. On the first page of the Migrator tool, I changed the Temp directory to be /var/tmp on a second attempt but it didn't apply and I still got a warning to say that there isn't enough disk space.

I had a similar problem on the old server with trying to restore a file and I had to change the storage location in a config file, so I am assuming that I will probably have to do the same here. Can someone please point me to the file that I need to edit?

Many thanks

Stan

In fact, Plesk does not store any user data in /usr. There are only binary files of the Plesk itself, its utility scripts and some configurations.
All user data is stored in /var. All Plesk locations you can see in /etc/psa/psa.conf, especially variables DUMP_TMP_D and DUMP_D

Back