• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk update destroys dns, can't log in anymore

Torsten1

New Pleskian
Hi,

symptoms are that two of my domains are not resolved anymore, one of which is my mail, the other the plesk default.
so even i try to login by ip, it bounces to the default name and that does not resolve.

This probably happened yesterday morning and i see an autoupdate log, so i can't think what else would cause this out of the blue, since i am on holiday and have not touched the server for three weeks.

The log doesnt really have errors, just one warning i saw, about packages not beeing updated, using old ones. But that was only passenger, so ok i guess. The log is rather big and so i didn't read it all. It ends by saying patch for 12.0.18 will not be applied and errors in apt-get update, that i mentioned.

The domains were set up like many others that still work, as masters.

I can log in as root, so if i could just let me log in by ip again, i might be able to fix it.

Please advise

Torsten

Linux auringostaitaan.fi 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.63-2+deb7u1 x86_64

>plesk version
Product version: 12.0.18 Update #36
Update date: 2015/02/21 07:05
Build date: 2015/01/26 15:00
Build target: Debian 7.0
Revision: 333059
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.1

Hi Torsten1,

we would like to try to help you, but without any logs, or personell informations ( domain-name, IP ), we only can guess suggestions and/or work-arounds. Please be aware that most servers are rented from a hosting company ( own nameserver?!? ) and most Plesk users have an additional "primary" nameserver for their domains, which Plesk doesn't touch at all. To investigate your issue, you could either provide some more necessary informations, or contact your server - provider ( Hetzner?!? ) for some help.

Hello Ufhh01,
thanks for the offer. It was quite a general description as i don't know what will help.

But the question was quite specific, namely how i get the redirect switched off from the command line.

The log was very big, but i can send it if you like. My domain is auringostaitaan.fi and my provider index hetzner.
Hetzner says an xfr failed and so they stopped serving my domain info. They temporarily switched that back on, so i can log in.
So now i need to know why the xfr failed, and also where i switch the redirect off in the ui.

The domain info is set up in plesk(what i called master ) and copied to hetzner dns servers, which are registered for my domain.

Hi Torsten1,

while your domain now resolves to your IP, please login over ssh ( as root ) and do the following command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

If you experience any issues, you could always try to use the "bootstrapper" command, which repairs quite a lot of failures:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Afterwards, please have a look at the log - files from the autoinstaller and/or bootstrapper and post depending errors from it, if there are any.

For further investigations you don't have to paste the complete log... only error - messages. This will as well be a good training for you, to investigate system - logs, so issues and problems can be solved more easy.

So, as now everything is good, i would like to work on preventing this from happening again.
I asked hetzner and they said if dns goes it goes, i can't get a warning.

So i would like to set up plesk so that i can login with my ip, ie 5.9.57.170:8443
Currently, when i do that, it goes to auringostaitaan.fi:8443

So where is the configuration that it will stay on 5.9.57.170:8443 and let me log in ?

Thanks

Torsten

Hi Torsten1,

Plesk redirects requests, because you set this at "Tools & Settings > IP Adresses" to "auringostaitaan.fi".

Moi,
thanks for answering, but not really.
Under Tools -> IP Addresses there are two entries
2a01:4f8:161:53b1::2(dedicated) with default certificate and default site rubydesign.fi
5.9.57.170(shared) with auringostaitaan certificate and default site farfalla.fi

I understand the default site to mean that that is what i get without hostname and that does indeed show farfalla.fi content
So it must be the certificate , or not ?

Actually, i tried a bit and it seems my question was a little imprecise.
When i go to the http + ip it redirects to https + auringosta ,
but when i go to https+ip it does actually stay there.
Knowing that that last sentence would have saved me lots trouble.

Back