• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Plesk Webmail DNS Settings

ZeroOne

New Pleskian
Hey Lovely Community,

I have a Problem, I want to use Plesk Webmail, but I cant resive Incoming E-Mails. I dont know how the DNS of Cloudflare should be set, so that my Webmail Works.
Can somebody please help me with these Records? What do I have to add to the DNS? etc.

Thanks
Cheers
Felix

The most important thing for email when using CloudFlare is NOT to enable CF Proxy for any of the DNS records you need for email. As for what DNS records you'll need, I'd suggest adding to following records.

Create two A type records, one named mail and the other one named webmail and point them both to the IP address of your server.

If your server has IP6 configured you should create two AAAA type records aswell. Again one named mail and the other one named webmail and point them both to the IP6 address of your server.

Then create a MX type record with a priority value of 10 and mail.example.com as the mail server value. (Replace the example.com with your own domain).

Thats basically it. Just remember to NOT use the PROXY any of these DNS records. Additionally, and highly recommended, you should create an SPF record.

Hey, Thanks man,
it really helps, now I dont got an Error when I send a EMail to my Webmail. So that Means it works so far.
But the Email dont show up at Roundcube, what should I do?

Cheers
Felix

How about to assure delivery and avoid ending up in the spam folder, should the TXT I see in my domain's DNS records be included in CloudFlare? The ones that start with "v=spf1" and such.

Back