• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix errors

Iulian_Olaru

New Pleskian
When i am issuing systemctl status postfix.service i am receiving the following error. How can i fix this ? I am actually trying to install opendkim and i found this.

Code:
warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service pickup(public/pickup): Connection refused

And this is the output of ls -l

Code:
[root@h2376451 postfix]# ls -l /usr/lib/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 30 Dec  2 10:51 /usr/lib/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta-sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 21 Dec  2 10:51 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta

Hi Iulian_Olaru,

depending on your system configuration, you could try to change to FIFO instead of UNIX ( interfaces ) at /etc/postfix/master.cf :

Search for :
Code:
pickup unix  n - n 60 1 pickup
qmgr unix n - n 300 1 qmgr

Replace with :
Code:
pickup fifo n - n 60 1 pickup
qmgr fifo n - n 1 1 qmgr

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
First of all, thank you for the prompt reply. At the begining of /etc/postfix/master.cf i find this:
Code:
pickup    unix  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
qmgr      unix  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
#qmgr     unix  n       -       n       300     1       oqmgr

At the end of the file i find this:
Code:
pickup fifo n - n 60 1 pickup
plesk_saslauthd unix y y n - 1 plesk_saslauthd status=5 listen=6 dbpath=/var/spool/postfix/plesk/passwd.db
qmgr fifo n - n 1 1 qmgr

I don't know if this is normal or not ... any ideas ?

I have just issued the syntax postfix check and this is the output of it:
Code:
[root@host julian]# postfix check
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /usr/lib/sendmail and /usr/sbin/sendmail differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: Replace one by a symbolic link to the other

Any ideas please? I would very much appreciate a little bit of help here...

Hi Iulian_Olaru,

identify the "real" binary and delete the other one. Afterwards, please create a symlink to the binary, as suggested in the error message ( "warning: Replace one by a symbolic link to the other" ).

How to know, which one is the "real" binary? Please use "ls" for it - i.e.:

ls -al /usr/sbin/sendmail && ls -al /usr/lib/sendmail

Out put of ls -al /usr/sbin/sendmail && ls -al /usr/lib/sendmail was
Code:
[root@host julian]# ls -al /usr/sbin/sendmail && ls -al /usr/lib/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 21 Dec  2 10:51 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/sendmail: No such file or directory

And after this i have issued the following command
Code:
[root@host julian]# ln -s /etc/alternative/mta /usr/lib/sendmail
[root@host julian]# postfix check

And the symbolic link error disappeared so i thank you sincerely for that. However, when i issue systemctl status postfix i am seeing this error:
Code:
warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service pickup(public/pickup): Connection refused

Any idea about how to fix this? I cannot seem to find a proper solution over the internet.

I have done that just now and it seems to have worked. I had pickup and qmgr mentioned in two places in master.cf and i was not sure that i should modify it. Thank you sincerely for the help and prompt reply.

Back