• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-17484] Plesk 12.5 - migration failed - PHP error Resolver/UnfitSettingsResolver.php

Alban Staehli

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
When I try to migrate some domains from an old server with plesk 11.5 to plesk 12.5 (OS: CentOs 7 x64), I get the following error:

Error:
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function capability() on null in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/backup/Conflicts/Resolver/UnfitSettingsResolver.php on line 362

What shall I do? I really need to use the migration agent to transfer my domains from one server to the other one.

Thx for your much appreciated help.
Regards,

Alban

Last edited:
Hi @Alban Staehli.

Thank you for reporting the issue. It's a confirmed bug. Its ID in our tracker is PPP-17484. It'll be fixed in nearest microupdates.

Last edited:
Hi Alban Staehli,

Thx. What is the workaround until the microupdate is released? As I need to migrate domains tomorrow already.

sorry... but bugs and their resolutions / bug-fixes always include investigation time, which might not meet your very own timetable. The suggestion for an instant solution is to use a STABLE Plesk release ( latest at the moment: 12.0.18 ).

I understand your answer. In fact, I'm not complaining or criticizing the fact this bug exists.
I just want to know if any workaround exists (or something developers already thought of), since it was a bug reported as well in 12.0.18.

I read something about using mchk prior to migration, or selecting the subscription as well, not only the domain for the migration.
=> are those potential workarounds? or it's something else?

The only thing a can suppose: there some inconsistency: in backup there is information about installed SSL certificate but IP address (on which certificate is installed) is incorrectly mapped.

What I can suggest to try: remove SSL certificate from domain on source server, try to migrate it, install SSL certificate again on destination server.

Thx for your feedback.
I could migrate the domain finally, without issues, by selecting as well the customer of the domain in the list of objects to migrate.
I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm able to migrate other domains.

So, good news: migration went very well for about 50 domains!
The only issue I encountered: Some domains with application Magento did not show the application in Plesk (even if the files were all migrated), and databases were missing. The following warning was showing up: Restoration of application "magento" blocked on "domain", because another application already installed to the path "pathToMagento". Please remove installed application before restore.

Also after a while, suddenly Nginx was sending a 502 bad gateway for all website. Had to follow: http://kb.odin.com/en/123735
And then again and again, from time to time, the 502 bad gateway comes back... so for a while I maintained Nginx disabled:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --disable
=> Why this issue happens?

Same problem here, I could not figure out where this problem came from.
My upgrade path:
Plesk 12.0 -> 12.5 on Debian 7: everything fine
Debian 7 -> Debian 8 (involves PHP 5.5 -> 5.6): something broke
Now I disabled nginx as well and hope it remains stable. Btw, all sites are running PHP 5.6 (debian version) in FastCGI mode

Hi
@vlikhtanskiy

Regarding this bug (also identified by H9k):
"suddenly Nginx was sending a 502 bad gateway for all website. Had to follow: http://kb.odin.com/en/123735
And then again and again, from time to time, the 502 bad gateway comes back... so for a while I maintained Nginx disabled:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --disable "

Shall I open a new thread dedicated to it in order to get a feedback?

Thx for your help.

Back