• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-17531] WordPress Toolkit Broken on 12.5

John Van Ham

New Pleskian
Hello,

We have CentOS7 and Plesk 12.5. Recently a WordPress installation was hacked so I moved the WordPress directory to public_html-dirty and then restored from backup the files to public_html. I then deleted public_html-dirty and manually updated WordPress via wp-admin.

The toolkit is now showing the public_html installation and public_html-dirty installation at the same time, with the same name. The first one with the wrong version (4.2.4 instead of 4.3 as it now is) and it shows public_html-dirty which no longer exists but says it is 4.3. If I click 'scan' on the toolkit it runs forever and takes up 100% cpu of one core on our server and I have to run /etc/init.d/psa stop then start again.

I have also tried clicking 'detach' on the public_html-dirty instance and that has no effect. It says it has been detached but it is still listed.

So it seems that the WordPress toolkit information has got stuck or corrupt somehow. Is there a way to clear out all the data in Plesk panel for WordPress installations and do a fresh scan to find all the WordPress installs on the server again (there are others as well)?

Thanks

Hello,

1) To clear all data, you can try cleaning up all tables in plesk database, related to WordPress:

| WordpressInstanceProperties |
| WordpressInstances |
| WordpressInstancesDomains |

(!) Do not forget to create database backup, preliminary!

2) The tool to manage WordPress named 'wp_instance':

to see details, run:
plesk bin wp_instance --help (on Linux)

3) How to disable Wordpress toolkit, descriebed in this article:

http://kb.odin.com/en/123044

Hello,

Thanks for the tips. I have run:

plesk bin wp_instance --get-list

And it does not show the broken instance which is still showing under the Plesk administration UI. So that would indicate that something is 'stuck' but only with the web UI of Plesk?

I will check the database next.

Yep that instance was in the database table WordpressInstances so I removed it and also removed it's entries from WordpressInstanceProperties. Do you think that's it or might there be data elsewhere to clean up?

And how come this happened - perhaps a bug where Plesk can't remove an instance when the folder has been deleted?

Hi @John Van Ham!

Thank you for reporting the issue. I confirm it's a bug with ID PPP-17531 in our internal tracker. I hope it'll be fixed in nearest microupdates.

In fact your workaround will work until next scan of WordPress installations. And after microupdate you'll detach this installation again.

Back