• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Question about backup compression & "simultaneously"

tanasis

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.60 Update #1
Hello,
I see Backup Manager the setting for "Maximum number of simultaneously running scheduled backup processes".

My question is... If I have 2 backups at the same time, does Plesk run the first one and then the second one? Or will it override the second one?

1715215597682.png

I want to use as less CPU as possible per backup.

Also something else I want to ask is about the compression level.

As I see here:
1715215655578.png

"Fast" use "5" compression level.
"Fastest" use "3" compression level.

I want to know if I have a set on Fastest, how much bigger the backup file will be in percentage (for example 10%)

Thank you

Attachments

• 1715215443548.png
    1715215443548.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
My question is... If I have 2 backups at the same time, does Plesk run the first one and then the second one? Or will it override the second one?
If there are more backups configured they will be queued and the next start as soon as first one is finished.

I want to know if I have a set on Fastest, how much bigger the backup file will be in percentage (for example 10%)
Based on the information from a benchmark I found here, the Maximum level compresses the file size about 75% in comparison to the Fastest level. Unfortunately I didn't find any data for comparison between the Fast level and Fastest level. But if you run two test backups, each with a different compression level you should get a good estimate in difference.

Back