• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Random Server Reboots/Crashes with plesk

afterxleep

New Pleskian
I've been running 10.4 for several years on a server (CentOS 5.4) without any issues, but suddenly today, the server (a Xen based VPS) started rebooting suddenly just after sending your username/password to login.

It also seems to be crashing on any plesk/bin command line utils.

I've restored backups and discarded a hardware issue my moving VPS to other parent with no luck. There are no kernel crash logs that evidence driver problems or something close to that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

D

The main Plesk logs are
  • Error log: /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log and /var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log
  • Panel log: /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log
Have you checked them at least?

Thanks for the answer. I did check them but could not find anything relevant. I will try a fresh OS install+plesk and then restoring backups to see if that fixes the issue.

If that does not work I'll restore the server as it was and check those in detail.

Thanks!

D

Hi Igor.

These are the logs with errors. After throwing that error, the server reboots itself (like a reset).

From the error, you would assume mysql is down, or the sock file does not exists, but I checked both.

This started happening on CentOS 5.6 and is happening on a fresh plesk install.

Code:
2016-11-21 12:58:34: (mod_fastcgi.c.2588) FastCGI-stderr: PleskFatalException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3

line: 150

code: 0

trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3(111): psaerror('Unable to conne...')

#1 {main}

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Zend_Exception' with message 'No entry is registered for key 'config'' in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Registry.php:147

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Exception.php(63): Zend_Registry::get('config')

#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Exception.php(43): CommonPanel_Exception::_sendRuntimeReportXML(Object(PleskFatalException), 1)

#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php(49): CommonPanel_Exception::sendNotification(Object(PleskFatalException))

#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php(10): report_crash('Unable to conne...', Array, 'PleskFatalExcep...', 500, Object(PleskFatalException))

#4 [internal function]: plesk_exception_handler(Object(PleskFatalException))

#5 {main}

thrown in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Registry.php on line 147

There is really something wrong with MySQL. I would suggest you try to restart it and check MySQL logs.

Noup. got tired after several days debugging with no luck. I wiped down the whole thing, installed a fresh copy of plesk and restored a backup.

Thanks for your quick response. I did the same course of action...I built a new box with latest version of plesk and migrated the 60 sites over. It was a pain and took me 16 hours to do it, but glad to be off plesk 10 and that server. Was an action item for over a year now....this finally was the last straw.

Thanks again!

Back