• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Set plesk client language dynamically

serreri

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.0
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.60
Good morning, I apologize but I couldn't find a solution.
Could you kindly help me understand if it is possible to activate a Plesk customer account by setting the language based on the language spoken by the customer.

Basically, I would like an English user to enter his profile and find his account already in English, his French account in French, etc.

I would like to point out that to generate my client and his domain I use the API with curl but by setting:

"local": "fr_FR"

the customer panel always remains in English and not French, leaving the customer the option to change the language from his profile.

I hope I explained myself, I apologize.

HI

Good question!

There are a couple of options I can think of.

1) Via Plesk GUI you can login as a customer and set the language for the customer account manually.
Schermafbeelding 2024-05-15 204114.png
2) You can automate things via the Plesk API

a) With the REST API using the /client endpoint setting the locale in the body payload.
Code:
{
  "name": "John Smith",
  "company": "Plesk",
  "login": "john-unit-test",
  "status": 0,
  "email": "[email protected]",
  "locale": "en-US",
  "owner_login": "admin",
  "external_id": "link:12345",
  "description": "Nice guy",
  "password": "changeme1Q**",
  "type": "reseller"
}

b) Or if you use the XML-RPC API.

Thanks Kaspar,
unfortunately I was convinced that I had at least two languages available in the Plesk license, I had to purchase the language pack to add a language.

I don't understand why in the license
plesk Web Pro Edition I have two languages installed,
while in the Web Host Edition license I only have one language.

It seems excessive to me to buy another license, but never mind, let's get on with the work:)

Thanks again

Back