• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

smtp certificates

Noturns

Regular Pleskian
Following http://kb.odin.com/en/1062 i have a question.

We are hosting VPS and are hosting 50 different subscriptions which we do not all own but we do and have SSH access and give support. Recently we have bought a SSL license for just one website to securely send emails through webmail. We found this tutorial above however it explains only to replace a SMTP certificate and not for just the SMTP certificate for the one particular website.

Can smtp certificates also be managed individually?

Hi Noturns,

please have a look at one of my previous posts here in the forums:

Hi GiulianoP,

there is no such option on the Plesk Control Panel for this and I also didn't find a solution for qmail yet. But here is a guide for postfix, if you would like to give it a try and change your MTA:

( Just a note: The change from qmail is very easy and NO mail - folders will be changed/edited or removed, when switching from Qmail to Postfix )

This article just describes, how to setup your MTA with multiple SSL certificates. If you would like to modify the apache and nginx configuration files ( for webmail ), please use the FORUM SEARCH with the words "webmail certificate".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @UFHH01, but i do not have multiple certifications on my VPS. We only have 1 certification and what i am trying to achieve is to tunnel every SMTP traffic through that certificate.

My idea was to buy a Comodo Positive SSL certificate (costs only 10 dollars) for example something called domain.com and replace the default Plesk certificates for SMTP according to http://kb.odin.com/en/1062

Or are there any downsides?

Hi Noturns,

sorry... this is really not very easy to achieve and I even doubt, that you will find a decent tutorial for it. You will experience several issues, one is a false positive answer to corresponding mail - servers, when they do a reverse check for eMails which are not from your initial domain, during their connection procedures... but I will be happy to read your work-arounds and possible solutions.

Back