• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Unable to decrypt data: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (Error code 23)

stedotmartin

New Pleskian
Hi, I'm in the middle of no backup restore of a Plesk 12.5 system. Which basically meant reinstalling Plesk 12.5 and restoring the PSA database over the top of a new install, the vhosts directory is still intact and the user databases are okay.

After restoring the PSA database I now get the below error when opening the Plesk control panel.

Unable to decrypt data: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (Error code 23)

I have ran through this article however on using the mass password updater I get 2 warnings

Unable to decrypt data: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (Error code 23) at
BCryptDecrypt()<br> at (AesCryptProvider::decrypt line 143)<br> at (zif_ple
sk_symmetric_decrypt line 2365)
[2018-02-28 03:34:13][WARNING] Unable to execute: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parall
els\Plesk\bin\domain.exe" -u mydomain.co.uk -passwd mypassword Return
code is: 3

The rest goes through okay however I still have this error when using the Plesk control panel.

I'm pretty certain this is due to the sym_key being updated and not backed up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Do you have any daily backups in %plesk_dir%\MySQL\Backup\ - If so, you should be able to extract it.

If you're missing the old sym_key, Plesk isn't going to be able to decrypt any of the encrypted passwords and you'll have to mass reset them all.

Plesk Mass Password Reset Script

Hey thanks for that I did find a reg backup in %plesk_dir%\MySQL\Backup\ applied it and got a new error regarding db password but then got passed that with plesksrvclient.exe" -set password

Thanks for help

Back